To perform a local or remote shutdown
- Open Computer Management.
- In the console tree, right-click Computer Management (Local) , and then click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, click Startup and Recovery.
- Click Shut Down to open the Shut Down dialog box.
- Under Action, select the actions you want to perform on the computer to which you are connected.
- Under Force Apps Closed, select the circumstances under which you want to force applications to close when you shut down or restart the computer, and then click OK.